This isn't what Canada is About

Beth • ~~~♡♡Let`s Roll♡♡~~~
I was listening to the radio earlier today and it was reported that in the Vancouver area of Canada (my country. I'm in Ontario) there was a welcoming celebration for the Syria refugees and some idiot decided to pepper spray a crowd of people. When I heard that I had a couple emotions. One was utter disgust. I mean Canada is supposed to be this very welcoming "Nice" country and this is how we treat people!?!? And then I felt Sad. Cause when you really think about it, the Syrian people had to LEAVE their homes, their things they have accumulated. Their family and friends. Jobs. Basically their life. They had to leave becuase they aren't safe in their own country. I'm glad that in my life time I most likely will never know what that feels like. It just made me mad and sad. If I ever happen to run into a refugee in my city, I'll be kind and try and make them smile cause Lord knows they need it. I know our Prime Minister has said that he condemns what happened and that this is not what Canada is about. For once I agree....