Help me 😭😭 I can't lose I'm again😭😭😭

Me and my boyfriend were together when I was 14 & he was 16, we were together for 8 months and he wasn't ready to completely commit because of us being so young, which I understand now, but that honestly broke me to pieces, and I never got over him and he never got over me either because we are completely in love with each other, at the start of October last year (2015) we got back together and we've now been together for 3.5 months, the whole entire time I've been so frightened of him leaving me again like last time, anyway I hadn't spoken to him all day today because he has been at work and at 5 he sent me a message saying he was out of credit which was fine and I asked how work was and he didn't respond, then now (6pm) I decided I'd give him a call to see what he was up to and before the call could even get to message bank he hung it up so I sent him a message asking is he was ok and he said 'I'm fine it's just getting to me having to always text you and shit💕' 
I don't understand, we don't constantly talk every second of the day but we do talk every day just not constantly, the past few days I've been getting a little frightened I guess I knew this was coming I'm not sure but I said that I'm gonna go because I'm scared and I don't wanna lose him again and that he can message me later, but I just don't understand what he means by having to always text me when we don't text 24/7 and he is always getting to see his mates and stuff! I'm so so so scared and paranoid! Please help me😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 His the love of my life, I'm so scared of losing him again!😭😭😭