Transplants

Gabriella • ~owner of the group Relationship talk~if you need relationship advice join the group for help🌸
I'm studying health and social care and a topic I came across was a research topic called "should someone have access to transplants based on their lifestyle choices?" Now it was an argument based on should someone who is alcohol dependant (for example) have a transplant or a second transplant if their lifestyle choices have affected their health. Should they have a second liver if they destroyed the first? Should a patient who has children be priority over those who are childless or older? The other side of the arguement was that the Principles of the NHS when it was opened in 1948 was that the needs off all patients should be met. So because this is a CC forum I want to know other people's opinions on this topic, should access to transplants be based on your lifestyle choices? Or should all people have access to care, even if you are alcohol dependant or smoke? Just want to see other people's opinions on the topic?