New here; looking for advice!

Tori
My son is 18 months old and we just moved him into his own room about 2 months ago. At first, everything was fine. He fell asleep on his own and self soothed himself if he woke up in the middle of the night. In the last 3 weeks, all of a sudden, he will only fall asleep if mommy is in the room with him. I've tried other people sitting in there and he only wants to play with everyone else who sits in there with him. It's gotten to the point that he won't even take a nap during the day any more. 
He just screams and screams like he's hurt, but he isn't. I've tried the cry it out method but that kills me lol, leaving his door open, shutting it, leaving his tv on, turning it off, leaving a lamp on... He doesn't fall asleep getting rocked bc he is a major wiggle worm and just wants to run lol. 
I am 28 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and I want to try to break him of this habit before she gets here!  I'm just at the point of I don't know what to do anymore. And I feel as if I've tried EVERYTHING... 
I've even taken to consideration that it's poss my bc of being pregnant again and this is just his way of spending quality time with mommy until little sister gets here. 
I'm just looking for if any other moms had this problem and how they were able to stop it...