Should I tell him?

Me and my so broke up a couple months ago, and I started going out with another guy who was really nice and that I really liked, we had more than just a sexual connection it was a really a friendship connection too. Well when my ex found out about it he said he wanted me back and to stop talking to the new guy. So I stopped talking to the new guy (who had to leave for training anyways) and decided to give my ex another chance but just as friends. It's been a month now and we still aren't together but we are sleeping together and spending all of our time together like we were when we were a couple. And I've made it clear that we weren't together and just friends right now. Well the new guy texted me last night asking if we can at least stay friends, that he doesn't care about the sex or kissing he is fine with just being friends, which I would love because I don't have any friends that I can talk to or hangout with and the new guy was really great as a friend. But my ex had told me last month to stop talking to him or he would leave and not come back... I love my ex and I want to see if our relationship can work out, but I also want a friend I can just talk to without having to deal with sex or anything sexual. Which my ex still talks to girls he was in a relationship with because they stayed friends throughout the years... So wouldn't it be okay if I stayed friends with the new guy? I want to ask my ex if it's okay but I'm scared he will freak out and just leave if I even considered talking to the new guy again.... Any advice would help please