First period.!

Serenity • There's nothing wrong with trying to have some fun and be funny at the same time!
The first time I ever got my period, I was in the 5th grade, 10 years old, I can actually still remember it to this day, I was getting ready for school and I went to the bathroom to pee and I see this brownish stuff and my first reaction was, "darn, how did I poop myself?" I didn't know anything about periods because when I was about 7 I moved in with my dad, and he was a young dad, about 27 so we never had "The talk" so I can remember just going back to my room and getting clean underwear and just brushing it off. I remember going to school with my little brother and telling him "Josh, It feels like I'm peeing myself!" but my brother was only about 8 so he just laughed about it, but I was actually EMBARRASSED! because I didn't know what was going on, and I was feeling horrible cramps, so I actually thought I was dying lol, so long story short, when I went to school I went straight to the nurse and told her what I was feeling and she told me what was going on and why I have this happening to me, she had to call my dad and he come and get me, lol I remember him walking into the school and his face was pure shock and mortified, and all I did was smile and laugh. I've never had a problem talking about my period simply because I grew up around men mostly and was just grown prone to be open and truthful. I'm only 15 so I've got a long way from now!