Mother In Law Drama

Maya
My mother in law is so rude and full of resentment towards me and has been bitter since day one. She favors my step sons mother but it seems to come from "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" I'm not sure how to handle this and its not the type of behavior I want my daughter exposed to. I wish she could make an effort to get along with me as I've been with my husband for 6yrs but since she's been alone most of her adult life she acts as if she feels as if I should be as well. She's bitter, judgemental, controlling and constantly belittles me to the point of even saying I'm a narcissist, incredibly selfish a total liar, and to make sure I can never get child support if (God forbid) we ever split up to my husband but acts fake but still gives off this auora as if she's somehow in charge to my face. I need advice because I'm to my breaking point especially since my own family is across the country. I've given everything, my heart, love, patience, every cent, literally my entire life to this man who I love so much I don't understand how his own mother can be so against that and be blinded by such pettiness.