Went off on my husbands boss

Haley • Married to my high school sweetheart. 9/21/13

Let me start off by saying my husband has been working the same job for 4 years and has never once received a raise, or even asjed fir one. I am also always up there so the 'boss' asks for my advice about the store and I even take customers sometimes when nobody else can (for free, might i add) lol well it all started 2 weeks ago when the bosses mom started coming down to do paperwork/yell at her only 2 employees about everything. (She is from India so English is not her first language. I also refer to her as a boss because its a family business) well thats all she does is yell. Even stuff they already complete, she yells at them for not doing it. It will drive anyone crazy. She got mad in particular last night because she had written that the register was 23 dollars short for the night before and that he would have to pay it back. So my husband told her that he will not pay the full amount back because 3 other people were in his register that day, including her and that she mis-counts money all the time. He told her he would pay half back, but in the future, if she wanted him to pay the full amount back, nobody could have touched the register for the day. Well that pissed her off. Then she was adding his hours up to pay him and she got mad because he would write his hours down from 7am-10:45pm (for example) and she couldnt figure out that that extra 15 minutes is 2 dollars. My husband was trying to explain to her that every dollar counts for us because he is a full-time college student and we're broke. She didnt wanna hear it and kept telling us that she's broke and she doesnt want to hear about us being broke. it kinda pissed me off, so i went to our online banking and showed her how much we had in the bank (3.24 lol) and it made her even more mad. She was like "his hours make no sense. Its just a few dollars. Why do you care about 15 extra minutes?" And my husband told her "did you not just see my bank account? Every dollar matters to us." Might i add, we were not being rude at all to her. She then starts yelling "thats fine! I will find someone else to work. You are fired" blah blah blah blah blah. So then i got mad and told her that if shes going to fire him over writing his hours down the way anyone else would write the hours down, that i would call the labor board and bbb. i called her mean and told her that she is so mean to everyone and all she does is scream at her employees. I also told her that since she's started coming in to run the store, that she's made her 2 only employees want to quit working there. I can't remember everything else i said, but i yelled at her for 10 minutes straight without letting her interrupt me. Before i walked out, i told her that my husband is the best employee she has and she knows it. I then stormed out of the store. I got into the car and had my husband call his boss (her son. They are very good friends) and he pretty much just said to ignore her and that he is going to fix everything. But still, im so angry. It took all i had not to cuss her out and punch her in the throat.

Sorry for the long post, i just needed to rant. I have nobody else to talk to except for my husband, and he's already too stressed out, so I'm not going to bring it up. I do not expect any responses whatsoever, just needed to get it off my chest.

>:(