Formula Feeding Moms.. P.S (it's long)

Kennedy
Okay I was never able to breast feed or pump😔 so I've always bottle/formula fed both of my children and when I was a first time mom I didn't know how much to feed my babe. For example.. My 6 month old now eats 5 ounces ever 4-5 hours. My rule of thumb now is, an ounce for every hour the baby goes without eating.. I know some parents that let their kid eat whenever they want and that's totally their choice. I've been asked why I put my children on a schedule and it's simple. For my sanity.. But back to the main point. My husbands cousin and his girlfriend just had a baby not to long ago.. He's 3 months old now. When he was born they had a hard time finding a formula that worked for him so they kept switching. I suggested gentlease because that's what I've used with this baby because all she did on other ones was puke also (both my babies were pukey babies) so they decided to use it too. Well their son has a major puking problem. They took him to the doctor and he doesn't have anything wrong with him no acid reflux nothing like that so they didn't know why he was puking all the time. Well I asked her how much she was feeding him and she said 4 ounces ever 2 hours and mind you he's a newborn.. I told her that 2-3 ounces ever 2-3 hours would probably help with his puking so they tried it... For a week. He's now 3 months old and they feed him 4 ounces EVERY SINGLE HOUR... In a 24 hour time period that's 96 ounces!!! We went out the other day and it took him 45 minutes to eat a bottle..he wasn't even hungry but she kept it in his mouth and she will try to burp him but gets upset when he doesn't burp the first time and gives up completely.. But 15 minutes after he had finally finished that bottle he fussed and made one little peep and she made another 4 ounce bottle and gave it to him. I'm not trying to be rude and say that her way is wrong it's her first kid and I remember with my first I didn't want to hear everyone's advice so I just keep it to myself, but she doesn't even try to see if something else is wrong with him like a dirty diaper or if he does need to burp or if he just wants some love and attention. The only time he ever gets attention is when they are at our house otherwise he is constantly in his car seat or in his swing. Or they lay him on the floor. I know some parents don't believe in holding your child that much but they never hold him unless they are in front of other people.. And it really just makes me sad.. Sorry that was so long but I had to get that off my chest I was about to explode...Â