Annoying mother-in-law...

Diana
My husband and I live in a one bedroom, rent stabilized apartment in SF. Given the outrageous real estate market here, it's highly likely that we will continue to live here for a year or two after our first son is born. Of course we would love to move into a house, but it's just not realistic here and it's not like I can get a new job somewhere else when I'm already halfway into my pregnancy. But my mother in law has been very critical and judgmental of the choices I make. For example, we don't have room for a crib in our bedroom, so I researched places where other mothers deal with similar constraints (eg Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing) and read it's perfectly fine for the baby to cosleep when they are that young. My MIL immediately jumped in that that was going to ruin our intimacy and we'd never be able to recover from it. I mean come on! I am so angry because I feel like she comes from a place of privilege and is looking down on me without trying to understand our situation and limitations. Grrr! Anyone else dealing with judgmental relatives? How do you cope?!?