Swab Test

Bibi • 1995.
I'm 20 years old and been having heavy discharge since the first time I've had my period ever (I was around 11-12). It is supposed to be normal, but my discharge had been looking very yellow and smelling bad. Told my mom about it but she said it's normal and I'm probably just stressed, not eating/sleeping well and stuff like that. I was pretty certain it's not normal though. I was still a virgin, living with my parents and wasn't sure what to do.
I haven't really moved out but I'm currently away from home for some period of time and got the chance to live by myself.
I'm now sexually active and my boyfriend told me about the smell and  asked me if I could do something about it. I decided to get a swab test and yup, I have bacterial vaginosis, a vaginal infection. I'm taking medications right now (I prefer antibiotics than vaginal gel).
About the swab test, I thought they would only poke or do anything light in my vagina. However, they actually use some long cotton swabs and insert them into my vagina deep enough to make me yell "oh my god!!" No, I didn't moan. That was an actual shocked-yelling. LOL. I bleed a little, and my vagina hurt for a few hours. Maybe I wasn't relaxed enough during the test :/ it's all good though.
Anyway, I'm writing here to let people know how swab test is like. I really knew nothing about it even when reading comments on the posts here about "go get a swab test."
Hope you're all well :)