Labor and Delivery- Keeping it a Secret

Ashley • 25, happily married to my best friend and planning to start our own little family :)

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and hoping for some good news soon. I am an extremely private person and both my husband and I do not like when people make a fuss over us or make big deals out of things. We have given much thought and already have decided not to tell anyone when I am in labor (when I do get pregnant lol) and want to let people know once baby is born.

Has anyone else done this? I am such a private person as is my husband. After seeing seeing my brother and his wife's birth experiences, I do not want family members sitting around in the waiting room, or coming into my room every five minutes trying to get the details on every aspect of my labor.

My mother especially is very nosey and has no problem sharing other people's personal business (she would have no problem telling people without my consent, details of the birth and would want to be there for every part. As a nurse she thinks she always knows best. It drives me nuts. End rant lol).

I would rather share the moment with just my husband. It's very personal and I think a very special and private experience to share together. I'd like to take a little time after the birth to rest and really enjoy meeting our new family member. Plus it would be nice to prepare for visits and freshen up before family arrives. I don't want to pass around my baby only moments after getting to meet him or her as I have seen my siblings as well as husband's siblings do when their children were born.