Livie To The Rescue

Suz

Livie, my dog, is the sweetest most receptive dog I've ever known. She ALWAYS knows if I'm upset. My husband and I had our first ultrasound for our first pregnancy two days ago and to our surprise we found that our baby was not alive - they couldn't find a heartbeat. It was devastating, but we have each other to get through this and I feel closer to him now more than ever.

Today I woke up depressed. I ate breakfast but decided to go back to bed for a little while to relax and somewhat sulk. Well, my little dog astounded me this morning. She loves to snuggle up near to me in bed, usually pressing her body against mine on either of my sides. But today, she decided to plop down right on my tummy as I lay on my back. She positioned herself right over the baby. I can't tell you what she's thinking but I do know this is a rare situation, she never sits on my tummy!

My sweet Livie, in my mind, is helping me heal. It may sound silly but I know she knows something is not right and she knew exactly where to be.