Ovarian cysts

Sarah
Hi I'm twenty years old and I've been getting a period for almost eight years now, but for the past two years I haven't had a single one, my SO @the time suggested I go see a doctor because we were trying to start a family, my obgyn ran some tests (June 2014) and told me I had a hormonal deficiency and it might take six months to a year for them to regulate, (I tried the hormone treatments without any luck) but because I wasn't having periods I wasn't fertile, this news was devastating, and effected my relationship immensly, things went south quick and I was alone again. January 2016 I got my period for the first time again, but it was super heavy, and I was passing blood clots, the cramps were unbearable, I figured all this was normal since I hadn't had one in so long, but after I passed a blood clot the size of my fist I went into the ER. They did an ultrasound immediately. They couldn't find my ovaries, this had me scared. After almost an hour in a transvaginal ultrasound, they found an ovary, but only one. They also found a large hemmorahging cyst on it. This was bad news, and I took it very hard. I was prescribed Some stout pain medicine and a hormone medication to help stop the bleeding, if it didn't stop I was to return to my obgyn to have the cyst removed. I spent the next few weeks laying in my bed in pain, depressed and afraid, this was the LAST thing I wanted was surgery anywhere near my ovaries. I had already had troubles getting pregnant, this was going to make it that much worse. I was in so much pain I wasn't able to work my job, I couldn't bend at the waist, I couldn't pick anything up, I couldn't squat, I was out of work for a month, well after that month and two weeks later and four packages of super TENA pads gone, I was finally done bleeding. Well yesterday I started my period again, and I'm hoping and praying it's not another cyst, because this time I will HAVE to have surgery. I just wanted to share my story with you because it's important that you get checked for things like cysts and lumps and even get cancer screenings, visit your obgyn regularly and take care of your body, this has been one of the most painful, and stressful things I've had to deal with, at twenty this was the last thing I expected, it can happen to anyone, no matter what age.