Mentally drained..

Renee

So, yesterday, I went to my first regular OBGYN appointment. ( I had two special Ultrasounds because of cramping and gallstones)

At the appt yesterday they took blood and said if anything is abnormal they would call and if everything was normal, then they wouldn't.

This morning I get a call from the receptionist saying the nurse wants to talk to me, which immediately freaks me out. She the says the nurse will have to call me back later.

I call my husband freaking out and he comes home and works from home all day today.

I called the OBGYN at around 1pm because I'm just so nervous something is wrong, she says she'll leave a message with the nurse.

Finally! 20 minutes ago the nurse calls, I ask if everything is okay and she says, "we don't have all your test results back so we can't discuss anything...it'll be a few days, probably by your appt on Monday we will have everything." I ask why the receptionist called me earlier and she has no idea.

I'm a wreck, a complete ball of nerves, I can't stop thinking something is wrong and because of their protocol I won't know until Monday. I'm not upset at the nurse or anything, I just can't calm down!

Anyone have anything similar or any calming words?