Too soon??

I need your advice!

My best friend turned to me a couple weeks ago and told me I had to get out and put myself out there and meet new people. She the proceeded to tell me that she knows someone who would be perfect for me. I was a little apprehensive but then agreed because she's my best friend and she wouldn't shut up until I did lol!

So this guy is a friend of her cousin. By the way I'm 20 and he's 24. So I got his digits we've been texting for a week and we decided to have lunch together today and actually meet.

He seems really nice. He's not weird or gross lol we had a really nice time and the conversation was good.

However he did proceed to tell me that he was in a relationship before that lasted 6 years. In my head I was like whoa that's a long time right?? And they called it off a couples months ago.

Am I a rebound? I didn't want to ask him obviously. But heck I feel like if someone was with someone for 6 years and 2 months after the breakup they're already shopping for a new girl? I'm a bit concerned. What are your thoughts!?