Gestational diabetes and coconut oil

Kathleena • Mother of 3 with the 4th on the way due 6-1-2016 ❤️❤️
So I was diagnosed with GD @24 weeks. Completely devasted but determined to not allow this to harm my baby or myself I tried to grab this monster by its horns! Completely changed my diet counting carbs cut out all processed sugars. Pretty much cut out all processed foods. And my daily numbers were always within range but I could not get my fasting sugars under 90 they were always 90- 105. Even with walking after meals I didn't see much of a change in my fasting numbers. I tried doing different snacks before bed such as high protein low carb, high carb with protein and even no snack. Nothing seemed to make a difference. So one night I decided to check my sugar at 3am and my sugar was 83. When I woke up at 7am it had gone up to 100. At that point I realized my body was spilling sugar during the night. Totally discouraged and afraid my Ob would try to medicate me I did a lot of research and found an article about coconut oil helping to regulate blood sugar in type 2 diabetes . I know GD is different then Dm but I thought hey won't hurt to try. Iv been cooking with 100%  organic unrefined coconut oil and eating 1-2 table spoons every night. Needless to say my fasting sugars have been under 90 for the last 3 weeks. Makes me wonder why more research has not been done regarding coconut oil and diabetes but it's worth a shot. Plus it's a great supplement.