Fighting w husband

My daughter is 2.5 weeks old. It's been a long 3 weeks of pretty much constant fighting with my husband. His mom has created so many issues. Starting with being mad that I wouldn't allow her in the room while I was in labor. I decided to only have my husband and my mom in there and his mom through a fit and made it all about her. She ruined my daughters birth and since has just complained that she doesn't get to see my daughter as much as she wants. 
This has created so much stress on me and my husband and we are fighting constantly. He went back to work and he coaches so he isn't home much and in alone with our daughter all day. When he is home we fight am over the rude comments his mom made to me that day or about his lack of being home and not doing enough for our daughter or talking to his mom about the issues. 
It's so upsetting and just seems to be getting worse. I don't know how to make things better with us and it makes me so sad that this joyous time we haven't been able to enjoy as a family. Any suggestions on how to make the relationship better during this stressful time?