Crushed birth control for hair growth?

Lisette • Joyfully married to a wonderful man. Living the volunteer life together- jw.org
Anyone tried this? 
For years, many women have claimed that birth control pills lead to faster hair growth. Some studies have also supported this claim. While we do not recommend consuming these pills only to stimulate hair growth, you can always crush 5-6 pills and mix them in your regular shampoo. This will help to grow your hair faster and will considerably increase its volume.
**edit**
I haven't done this and I had never heard about this until yesterday. I have a Puerto Rican friend that said she did this in Puerto Rico when she was young and it worked amazing. She wondered why more women here didn't do it. I told her that it sounded super crazy and I was gonna google it. The paragraph above was taken from a random article off google. I can't believe it's true either! 
I don't need it for my hair I use coconut oil and take my daily vitamins. My hair is naturally thick and full. Now 5years after cutting it super short, I went from a cute chin length angled bob to hair down to my butt. 

But this post is to see if anyone on here had also tried the BC shampoo technique