Should he have told his friends I was a closeted bisexual!?

Tess

So this guy and I were discussing starting a relationship foe about a week. I finally decided to tell him I was bi over text. He responded with "That's so hot" and when I said that this was something I had been struggling with my whole life he compared me to a stereotype. Then I said "Please don't stereotype me. Also would it be okay if I saw a girl on the side." He said that a fling would be okay, but not a serious relationship. Then we talked a little more, and he made a threesome joke. I hate those jokes. I said "One of the reasons I didn't wanna tell ou is cause I didn't want you to make those jokes." He said "Well then, you want a girl on the side if we have a relationship, but I can't say anything like that. How does that make sense or is even remotely fair? Yeah I support you sexuality and I want you to experiment, I get it. But don't restrict me from making a damn joke, cause that pisses me off, sorry" I said "Fine make jokes" I only said that because it was late and I really didn't want to fight with him. And he said "And so what if I am serious. Why would it offend you that I would take an interest in your side relationship" So I gave him all the reasons I didn't want him making those jokes. And he said (this is a summary) "I'm willing to let you cheat, and you won't let me make a joke." I apologized (even though I don't think I should of). Then when I tried to change the topic. He told me to stop acting like the argument didn't happen. I told him that I realized I was being an asshole and that I was trying to move on. He said goodnight and didn't wait for me to text back.

The next day I told one of my friends at school who knew I was bi that this happened and let her read the messages. She said she could see why he was mad, but also saw my side of things. Later she said she saw him at lunch, and he was showing his 4 friends the messages and letting them read it ALL. And he appearantly also called me a crazy bitch. I was terrified. I'm not ready to come out, and I seriously didn't want these people knowing. I thought "Okay, I have 2 classes left, I can make it threw 2 hours" Btw, I have pretty bad anxiety. I make it threw one class having a full on anxiety attack. Then a couple minutes before the next class, I was talking to the person who overheard, and she was trying to calm me down. Then I made a horrible realization. All 5 of them were in the same class/good friends with my sister. I she was the last person I wanted to find out. I completely broke down crying. It stopped after a minute, but it was awful. My one biggest fear with my anxiety is that I would have an uncontrollable anxiety attack and I would start crying in front of everyone.

My biggest fear came true.

The next day I was still really anxious, and the day after that I wasn't as anxious because that morning we agreed to stop talking.

Should he have told his friends? I don't think so but I need some options. Sorry this was so long.