I'm having second thoughts

Last Sunday I got accepted to one of my top 3 schools. I told my boyfriend about this, but he didn't congratulate me. Neither did he seem happy for me. Instead he was like you got a letter already? Like I'm not suppose to get one? His tone was rude and that was that. He didn't say anything else. Today I told him about how I was so excited to go to that university this fall and we found out we didn't apply to the same campus. He was completely fine with it, but I wasn't. I actually was so happy when I got accepted, but I was really hoping him and I could go together. Even though I talk about it way more than him, he sort of had that mentality of if its going to happen it'll happen there's no need to speak of a future. Which makes me quite worried. He actually was happy of the fact we won't be going to the same school, he says it's good for our relationship? But we talked about how we would live together since it's a complete different city than what we are use to. I'm so upset about this and I insisted I'll reapply to the same one he got into, so we could be together, but he got angry and was like you don't want me to go? Should I just stay here or drop out? I really don't get it, we talked about it so much before but why is he reacting this way? Is it normal?