I need some help

Me and this guy, let's call him 'T' have been on and off for a while basically we were FWB but I don't think he ever had interest in me other than for sex, and ya know it's been awhile since we had done anything, basically we had no strings attached. Well recently a guy that I have had my eye on for like 3 years (let's call him 'J') texted me and wanted to hang out, and one thing led to another and we ended up hooking up and he was so sweet and like cuddled with me after and held my hand and it just felt so real, and he was telling me about how he's always liked me and whatever, it was so genuine, and he was just so loving. 
Now my problem is that 'T' and 'J' are relatively close friends, and I've been trying to pull away from T because I don't just want to be a sex object anymore, and J wants to spend time with me and do things that aren't just sex. My problem is I'm terrified of what will happen if the two talk and find out about everything... I really like J and want things to work out but I don't know what to do because I have a feeling J won't care but I'm scared of what T might do. I know people are gonna say "just be honest" and I know I technically didn't do anything wrong, but T has all the power to call me a slut and whatever and idk I just don't want that. (He also sent me a cryptic message that said "holy shit 😂😂😂😂 I just found out something about you" and when I responded with " um okay" he didn't answer so I'd just appreciate some advice or support or anything about this honestly.