HELP PLEASE

My boyfriend and I just got into a huge argument because we begin talking about transsexuals and then he made a comment about how he can't understand gays shoving their agenda in our face all time. So speaking as I bisexual women , I said gay people don't shove agenda in our face they just fight for equal rights. He said it shouldn't have to be anything to fight for. It should just be human rights. We both agreed. Then we started talking about gay people having the right to adopt. He said absolutely not. The children will be confused. So we started debating about how children wouldn't be confused. It turned nasty. After I said it's not fair and he's being a bit closed minded , He started saying that I'm trying to treat him like an idiot and I don't respect him because I was trying to explain the struggles people in the LGBTQ community go through. He start telling me that I think I know so much and I'm always trying to be right. I told him he's not being fair to me. Then it got to the point where he didn't even want to talk to me. So here's the problem: Everytime we differ in opinion I always try to understand him but I don't feel he tries to listen to me. He just says what he says and that is it. I asked him can he open his heart and listen to me and he got angry with me. He says that I don't respect him. When I do. I'm so worked up because I just want to stop getting into these petty arguments. I don't know what else to do. And he's at the point where he doesn't want to be with me. He said he'll just keep his opinions to himself from now on and that's not how I want our relationship to be. Nobody does. And I want to work out the problem in our relationship. And get advice about how to fix the problem Not leave it.