Information about Multiple Sclerosis?

Krista
Hey <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> community, my name is Krista and I'm 19. My girlfriend of almost 4 years was just diagnosed with Remitting-Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis on 6/14/2016. 
I've know this woman since we were in 8th grade, she's my whole world and I honestly have done so much research on this disease in the past 3 days than I've ever done for any school research paper back in high school. 
She's turning 19 in September, so she's on the younger end of the scale, since most people are between 20 and 40 when initially diagnosed. 
I just want to know if anyone's personal stories, advice, even just words of encouragement for the both of us. This scares the hell out of us, we're barely adults, and she's already having to think about how the rest of her life will be affected by this.
She's more optimistic than I am, but she's always been a source of light in my world. I'm a future neurosurgeon, as was my biological dad, so I'm extremely medically inclined. I'm already looking into best hospitals for MS patients, best insurance, even graduate schools for those with disabilities because she wants to get an M.A. In Art History.
Am I thinking too much on this? I feel like things will change, but not in a horrible way, this is just something she has, but isn't defined by and I know that. Though I only deal with chronic migraines, so I can't even begin to describe the terror that I felt when she called and said she couldn't move her left leg at all.
I'll end my small anxiety induced post, if anyone is curious about her symptoms or anything feel free to ask. As of 6/17/2016 she's still in our states Children's Hospital.
Thought I'd be weird and post my favorite prom picture.