8 weeks tomorrow.

Safiya • Mother to a beautiful blessing! ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

I was only planning on reading the different posts on here... but I decided what the heck!? Why not add something of my own. And the community here seems very optimistic and supportive!!

I know 8 weeks isn't that far along, but it's the farthest I've ever been.

I have been married for 5 years (this past May) and I knew I wanted to have a baby 6 months in. I got pregnant 6 months later the first week in June 2012, but when I found out I was pregnant I was already in the process of losing my baby. Of course that tore me apart, because I was 19 and I wasn't mentally prepared for that at all... it took me a year at least to just be able to talk about it without breaking down..

We never used any type of birth control, I just wasn't getting pregnant. So almost exactly 2 years after my first MC I got pregnant again in May 2014... that ended in a MC as well, but going to the hospital, I knew that's what they would tell me, so it didn't break me apart as much. I handled the second one a lot better. So last year I came up with this theory based off my pregnancy patterns.

I figured I got pregnant in May 2012, then May 2014... so I was sure that if I got pregnant again it would be around May 2016 and I would find out before my anniversary on May 29th.

And to my surprise, that's exactly what happened this year! Haha I'm actually still shocked that theory actually was true.

But this time I am A LOT more cautious about everything. I kind of just take things one day at a time, and as long as I don't see any blood, I remain optimistic. I've never been this far before, my first two pregnancies ended around 6 weeks. So just lasting up to 8 weeks I am eternally grateful!!

I haven't told anyone really, only really close siblings and friends. I only the people who I would feel comfortable talking to if something did happen.

So I'm hiding it from most of the people in my household and the rest of my family. And once I'm a little past 10 weeks, I think I'll do a reveal to my family members.

I'm excited and nervous. I really hope that this pregnancy lasts all the way through.

You know what they say, third times the charm!! 😉