I am a neglectful mother.

Taryn • 26. Mom. Wife. Tattooed. Novice Chef. Coffee Addict. Harry Potter Fanatic. Nerd. Wine Drinker. Makeup Lover. Charlotte Rose 🌹 5-12-15 Benjamin Thomas 💙 7-8-17 Superbaby due 7-25-19
Being a mom has made me so neglectful. Not neglectful in the way I would have originally thought. Before I became a mom, I worried about the mess my house would become, how my husband and my dog would become pushed aside, and how my bank account would slip with the many costs of parenting. However, I never anticipated that I would neglect myself. My house is constantly spotless, my husband happy and treated like the king he is, my dog more spoiled than ever, and my baby the center of my universe and full of joy. But most days, I have forgotten to shower, my face is oily and hasn't been washed, I'm still in my pajamas, and I've eaten junk because it's quicker for me to get back to my mommy duties. I have neglected myself in the worst way possible. I have let myself go. I have gained weight and am the heaviest I have ever been. I haven't had my nails or toes bpainted in months. My skin is dry and my eczema has flared up all over my arms and legs. I have somehow lost myself and stopped taking care of myself. And the neglecting goes much further than skin deep. I have neglected my mind. I have stopped reading every day, when I used to finish a book every few days. I have stopped going out and leaving the house. My home has become my prison. It has made me sad, stir crazy, and most days a little depressed. I have lost all desire for human contact further than my husband and my best friend. That ends today. I know I am busy, I know I have a lot on my plate and am lonely most days. But that is no excuse to treat myself so horribly. I must remember to take a break from taking care of everyone else, and remember to take care of myself. For if I don't take care of myself, I will crumble. I will break. I am only one person; and an imperfect one at that. So, even if it's just showering every day and doing my hair and makeup, I will further more treat myself with the respect and dignity I deserve. As parents, we forget sometimes that we are important too and need a little love and attention from ourselves. So continue to be the amazing moms you all are! But don't forget to take care of yourself! I sure won't anymore.