Could it be contractions? TMI?

Staci
So I had been constipated for about a week and Then on Wednesday I had like 6 regular BMs, not loose, not hard- TMI,  I know. I went to the OB yesterday, was dilated to a 3, she said it could be anytime between now and a month from now. Well yesterday and today both, I felt like I was having some constipation pains, would sit on the toilet, nothing would happen.. Except, there were a couple times I felt like I had to go, and it came out without a struggle. I didn't think to time the pains or anything, because I thought it was just constipation, but now I'm getting curious as to whether anyone had contractions that sounded like this. My water hasn't broke, no bloody show, been losing bits and peices of my mucus plug for a week or so now. I've also been having some back pain, on the right side. I had been able to get the pain to subside with Tylenol, walking, lying on my left side, drinking water, or taking a warm bath.. But now it's a constant pain that occasionally feels like I'm getting stabbed. I'm a FTM and I'm really clueless 😖