Could be TMI but I need answers

Michelle • TTC baby #2&3
Ok so I have a very short cycle 22-25 days most times. The first day of my last period was the 19th and it lasted through the 23rd. I had sex about 4 times over the weekend and on the 30th experienced light pink blood when I would wipe. I started to urinate more frequently and then it starred to burn (wasn't at first and it gradually became a little uncomfortable). So I did an extensive look at myself and didn't notice any redness, irritation, smells or extra discharge. Same thing the next day only I decided to HPT and got a negative but the irritation was worse so I went to the hospital, here is the first and only time I noticed dark blood and tiny clots (for lack of better description) they were almost brown like old blood. They said the pregnancy test was negative and so we're all the tests for STDs. However I had a sight blood in the urine so they called it a UTI and prescribed me an antibiotic and send me on my way, but not before saying that a UTI wouldn't cause blood and to do another pregnancy test in a week. Yesterday (the 2nd) I had a lot less discomfort while ur urinating and less spotting, same thing happening today. 
Has anyone experienced anything like this? I've had UTIs a couple times before and this isn't like that. So I'm excited, Nervous and needing some answers. Help!?