Ugh....dating!

I have been on OKC for sometime now and this last month has been pretty busy for me. But I have a question for you ladies about one specific guy. He seemed (key word) like a good guy. We have been exchanging messages on kik and then we exchanged numbers and started texting. Three weeks ago he went Mia for a weekend and when we finally spoke he tells me that his ex was evicted and needed to take her and their daughter in temporarily. I know that should have been the ice breaker but it wasn't and we continued talking. We had great conversations after but on Saturday last weekend I didn't hear from him. After messaging him sporadically with no response. I end up calling him and realizing he blocked me. Now nothing has happened between us that would warrant that behavior. I'm feeling confused, upset and a little down that an older man would act like this rather then just speak to me straight! I'm unsure why I'm feeling like this because I'm usually perfectly fine with moving on. Any words of encouragement out there....