MIRENA RUINED MY LIFE

Em
Hi all! I just want to post a SUPER WARNING against MIRENA! NEVER GET IT! I had the Mirena for 6 months and in that time I gained 20lbs, bloated EVERYDAY, and was so emotional. I was in college and it got to the point that my emotions were so bad that I had an emotional breakdown. I have always been super healthy and took great care of myself, but I came home early and was partially hospitalized because I was manic/depressive and suicidal. This has never happened before in my life. I also tried to lose the weight, keeping my calorie intake under 1500 a day and exercising 2 hours a day (this is NOT healthy, don't do it! I only did this  because I was literally out of my mind!) I went to my OBGYN and she acted all surprised that I had any side effects and kept INSISTING that Mirena doesn't have any side effects! I made her take it out anyway. In the first week I lost 7lbs, and since removal I have lost 14lbs in total. I have completely stabilized mentally and am doing really well. I have talked to other woman who have had similar horrible experiences on the Mirena. A couple were even diagnosed with BIPOLAR II when they were on the Mirena😱😱😱. JUST REMEMBER THAT WHILE BC IS A GOOD THING, SOME DO NOT REACT WELL WITH YOUR BODY. I will NEVER use Mirena again and I will tell anyone who asks just how horrible it is!!! 😖
Before Mirena removal day(above). 2 weeks after Mirena removal day (below)
One week after Mirena removal day(below)