No sex!

Im getting really frustrated at the fact that my partner hardly tries to have sex. We have a good relationship, he's good to me but when it comes to sex he's so tired that, that's the last thing on his mind. I ALWAYS HAVE TO INITIATE SEX.!!! I've brought it up a couple of times and he tells me he's just really tired from work and sometimes he just wants to rest. My partner is a general contractor and works all day. He usually gets home around 7pm. Around 9 he's already falling asleep and he's a heavy sleeper so he won't wake up. I'm trying so hard to understand but I'm so irritated because I want to have sex. I also used to always try and have makeup sex with him after a little fight but one time he told me he didn't see me as an object and instead of always trying to have sex, why didn't I just act like an adult and talk it out. It threw me off because none of my ex boyfriends ever rejected me when it came to sex. Matter of fact they always looked for me! My partner is lovely, don't get me wrong. He cares about me and is sweet! 
He's 34 years old and I'm starting to realize that it seems like he's not really into sex. Even when I first met him, he never tried to ask for sexy pictures nor did he ever send any pictures of himself to initiate sex. I was laying naked next to him a little while ago and he was just  hugging  me but didn't try to touch me anywhere ( he always already falling asleep) 
Lately it's been putting me down because I feel like I might not be attractive to him. Although he does make comments about my body, THAT, HE DOES. Dirty comments. Which I like, but when it comes down to the real deal, he isn't about all that. What's going on?