Seperation Advise PLEASE!!

Hi so its been about a week that I and my husband has both been separated, its been fairly difficult to me that I am now leaning towards some advice. Me n my husband had been together for 7 1/2 yrs, I'm 24, n he's 30 y/o. We have had a past of domestic violence in our relationship but steadily I went back to him. After a while we both agreed tie the knot n everything was kind of rocky but it got better, it suddenly became an issue for me to hang out with friends,coworkers, n even family.. He drives trucks n just recently became local so he could be home with me n now our four y/o son. One Saturday I decided to go have drinks with my best friend who I haven't seen n over a yr, when I gotten back home I noticed a lot of beer bottles n cans outside on the patio tables. I walked into the 🏡 n seen my husband, both my brother in laws, I spoke n went to my bedroom, took a 🚿n went to sleep.. Around 4:00 that am I noticed him going thru my phone so I asked what he was doing. We recently switched companies n he was upset about some text app I had. Which I didn't know I had on my phone.. So I went to see what he was talking about, then he began puahing, after the pushing it was arguing n the next I know he threw me into the wall.. I fell after the second time, as soon as I got up he took me by my head n head butted me, but I moved which caused Me to gave a brusie on my face, he then took me by my feet n drug me, causing carpet burn on my bottom. I was then crying. He began moving into the kitchen taring the house up.. Glass everywhere n etc. He cut his foot in the mist n I saw blood.. He went in for the knives out the kitchen n he told me "I'm ready to die, I'm going to kill myself" I panicked n called the police.. We haven't spoken since but he keeps texting about marriage counseling. Please advice, me n my son moved back with my parents for temporarily until I clear my mind.. Please help with any positive advice.. Thanks ladies..