New man

Brandi
So A few weeks ago my friend of ten years, Shane, moved back here from North Carolina (he was in the army.) Over the years we would 'talk' but bc of the distance it would never work out. For the first time, we're both single and he just moved back into town. Of course we started dating. It's been a few weeks now. Only problem is, he was always a player/flirt. That's why his last relationship ended.. He promises me he's over those days and he would never do anything to hurt me, he's always loved me, and he's the luckiest guy in the world...he offered up his phone and said I can go through it whenever I want, showed me all his pics etc. I didn't look through his phone but under pics  he still had a ton of his ex and the girl he cheated on her with (none were sexual photos). Plus he has a TON of girl friends..idk I'm nervous I guess. I mean the first time I met him was on my sweet 16 and he was making out w myself and another girl lol I guess I can't really count that one though bc we had no attachments and were 16.  I just don't know if I'll be able to fully trust him and trust is huge to me. Do any of y'all have any advice?...