My sweet baby Willow is in NICU, and yesterday we thought she was coming home today

TN♡ • Mommy to Willow & Ivy Rose ♡ Special Needs Teacher, Yogi, & Animal Lover ♡

This was my baby literally an hour before everything began crashing down. I posted a photo of my beautiful baby Thursday evening. We had 14 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing, and finally a c section. She wasn't breathing well at first, but within an hour she was fine. Or so I thought. Last night, the day before discharge, she began having weird, rhythmic twitches. It turns out that they were seizures. In delivery she got stuck coming out because she was head down, but facing back to back with me. The doctors didn't realize it ahead of time. They decided to use vacuum, which I didn't like. However, I didn't realize in the midst of it all that they tried to vacuum her 10 times. The hospital policy, I was told later, is no more than 3. I heard the pediatrician ask the OB at some point when would he go to C-section. I told them a c section was fine, that I just wanted her out. He wanted to continue bc baby's vitals were good. I didn't realize what was possibly happening to my baby. She had bruising after, of course, but yesterday the pediatric (who is amazing) told us that she was concerned about the amount of "mushiness" in her head, we could do CT or just monitor. Later in the evening she began to have the seizure activity, and I asked that she be sent to a children's hospital for the scan. The pediatrician, who is great, made calls and got her scheduled to be transferred, when her seizures turned to whole body seizure activity, so she was airlifted.

She should've been home today, but she is in NICU. She seems to be OK, and we just have to wait for the blood to dissipate. We won't know for sure until she gets an MRI in a week, but she will be monitored in the meantime. She seems to be improving. All because as a mother I was not informed of the damage that could've been done before the procedure, and the OB made no attempt to ask my wishes. I am devastated. Ladies, please do not be like me. Speak up.