in need of reassurance or maybe just answers

chase
I started birth control, ortho-cycln, about a month ago (i've never missed one) buut this past week me and my boyfriend went on a camping trip with his whole family we knew that we had to go the whole trip without sex which I knew was going to be hell, on the fourth night we couldn't help ourselves and messed around under the covers while half asleep and a little tipsy, he was trying to put the tip in and literally he came within like 2 seconds of trying to get in me!! I didn't realize he came and I shoved his whole penis inside of me and he ripped it out and told me he had came.. I started freaking out and crying while he was trying to reassure me that everything would be okay. i'm only 18 and i'm really scared that I could get pregnant, I know the possibility of getting pregnant while on the pill is small but i've heard of horror stories of people on the pill who still get their period and find out months later that they're pregnant, i'm scared this is going to happen to me. I need some reassurance and a little more knowledge of how the pill works, i'm about to start the reminder pills today and i'm wondering if they start my period if i'll for sure not be pregnant or if my period won't start because i'm pregnant maybe.. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry this is so long I just wanted to explain my situation as much as possible:(