Baby shower drama?

Ashley

Okay please correct me if I am wrong. But isn't the point of a baby shower to celebrate the mother to be and her baby? If that being so should the mother to be have input on the ongoing of the shower? Here's a little insight behind my questions.

My mother, a few of her friends, my younger sister, and my cousin are co-planning a baby shower for me. No my mother has never known my likes and dislikes well as we are not close. My cousin sees me maybe once a year. My sister likes things her way no matter what and I've never met my mother's friends. I've tried putting in some input on what I would like/not like decoration wise. I don't just want boring blue. I like camo. No sports themes since I hate sports. Ect. Or little reminders of things I don't want/need for gifts. No scrapbook/baby book items since it will just get thrown away. Don't need newborn -6 month clothes. Ect. Well everytime 9 put input in or ask a question to my cousin I'm ignored! I ask my mother and she just said don't worry you will like what is planned. Like I don't enjoy surprises because I'm almost always disappointed which is why I want some input on the shower! I don't mean to sound spoiled b/ I'm not. This is the first thing my mother has ever done like this for me and is only able to afford it b/it's at our families cabin. Am I being greedy wanting some insight on what they have planned?