Friends kid not having an xmas

Amanda • Mommy.5.2016
Yes I know a little far... But today I read on fb from a friend who told her kids they won't be having an xmas this year... I'm sad for her kids they are 12... 10... 3.... And a newborn next month... Her rent is going to b like 600$  and on top of other bills and not working due to pregnancy she not gna give her kids nothing... And here I am feeling bad cuz she has a bf who helps her lives with her father of the younger two but still no Xmas... I'm married I live with my husband's family in their garage with almost 4 kids and 3 others who come soley on weekends... My husband works his ass off we do struggle but we survive we pay 600$ in rent all our bills and still attempt things... As normal as possible.. I'm due a few weeks after my friend and can't imagine not ever being able to give my kids something for Xmas... I wana help her but her kids well the way she raised them and allowed them to treat her would be very ungrateful at any attempt I make :( as I once attempted to throw a birthday party and her older kids just laughed and told the mom off ... Any advice? I myself am doing layaway for both Xmas and baby arrival for my family..