Demeaning a Profession

I worked as a professional photographer for almost a decade before deciding to switch careers to spend more time with my family. 
Recently I've noticed this bizarre snobbery when it comes to professional portraiture where people say things like "who needs a professional" and post photos they've taken with their cell phones where their kid's head is cut off or the face is covered or the lighting is harsh. 
It really gets under my skin. I'm sorry but just because you're frugal, cheap, or poor doesn't mean an entire profession isn't worthwhile. Especially since you're really not doing a job that is on par with a professional. Just because you know how to make a pillow doesn't mean you can sew up a wound. Just because you can open a camera app on your phone and add an Instagram filter doesn't mean a professional photographer wouldn't do a better job. 
Ok, so you can't afford portraits. Or you find them unnecessary. There's nothing wrong with either of those things. But you sound bitter and jealous when you say things like "who needs a pro anyway hahaha" 
Well clearly you do miss underexposed, high ISO, crummy white balance.
Pros know how to pose, balance, create, light, angle, and crop a photo before it's been taken. They don't need fancy editing software to make beautiful, quality portraiture. They have access to print houses where the images will be created with inks and papers that will outlast YOU. 
So the next time you take a snapshot on your camera and then post it on Facebook never to look at again please don't compare it to someone who literally spent hours with a client fulfilling wishes and creating beautiful heirlooms they will decorate their homes with.