Finally! Some good news!

Lashonda

I am 23w5d. It has been crazy to say the least. My first appt, I should have been 8 weeks, but they found an empty sac. I was told either my dates were off, or I was miscarrying/no fetal pole developed and advised to wait a few weeks. So, limbo.

Second appt- baby found! Measuring 12 weeks! Turns out the previous resident was zoomed in too far and had diagnosed a cyst as an empty sac. Phew! Lost 20 lbs at this point.

Third appointment was fine.

Anatomy scan-- calcification was found, Verifi test... its a boy! Test results were normal, but some concern, referred for high risk ultra sound. At this point I am also switching providers.

Fourth appointment-- irregular heartbeat is detected... Bumped to high risk, scheduled for high risk ultra sound and fetal echocardiogram (that came out normal! Yay!).

In the meantime, my husband has been sick all year. 2 ER visits..including Tuesday night (ya that kick started braxton hicks!) Via ambulance. Oh boy. We are waiting for an official diagnosis, but it looks like he has Crohns or Ulcerative colitis and requiring an entire diet make over. This actually simplifies things as he is now on my diet, slightly expanded (I have g6PD)..

JUMP TO TODAY!

They had a hard time finding the calcification. When he did find it, he wasn't concerned. I am now downgraded to normal pregnancy!! YES!!!!! huge relief! Now i can stop worrying about baby Theo so much and focus on helping hubby so he can start to feel better, finally!

(Sorry its long... Just had to share!)