Why such ANGER! 😡

Ok, so I asked my husband to leave two months ago, as I literally couldn't take any more of his anger, and constantly walking on egg shells around him, in my own home. 
He works in my business, so effectively, I'm his boss. He still works here after all this time, he refuses to pay half for the divorce and is now on plenty of fish. 
I have spoken to him twice since I asked him to leave, to see if we could go to councelling together, he point blank refused telling me ITS OVER.  
So I am being as nice as I can to him during work and we only text when I need to ask him work related stuff.  The problem is, he is totally verbally abusive, and won't let up trying to undermine me. He said the other day, whilst standing over me at my desk "you're just a glorified secretary, you wouldn't have a clue about running a business". This is just one of many scenarios I could tell you about.  So I finally plucked up the courage to give him one months notice. Which, again he bombarded me with threatening messages. 
My question is, why is this man so angry with me? What have I done? I have done my very best for this man, I just refuse to be on pins in my own home.  I just don't understand this 😢