My Boyfriend wants to go DDLG, but I'm the way more committed one.

So my boyfriend and I were already into light BDSM before we found an iFunny user whose page talked seriously about bondage and this thing called ddlg, something neither he or I had ever heard of before. I like the idea of it, being treated like a little girl while he takes care of me, and he was really into it so he and I started simple by refering to each other as Daddy and Princess. I've started calling him Daddy in public whenever no one is listening, maintaining a childish personality whenever I feel like being his little girl, and I'm shopping for lolita dresses that kind of suit the little princess image. But even though he's the one who wanted to get into it more, he hasn't really done much to contribute to this aspect of our lifestyle.

Aside from calling me Princess or Pumpkin, he treats me the same as he does when he's my dominant, and even though this is a type of dom/sub relationship, he's not as nurturing as the role describes. I did a ton of research on it, and sent my findings his way so we'd both be brushed up on the dynamics, but I don't think he's taken any of it to heart.

Even when I set up perfect scenarios for him to play the Daddy role like watching Saturday morning cartoons or playing with the plushies he bought for me, he always brings it back to sex. Whenever I cuddle the big bear he gave me to play with, he ends up bending me over on it. When I do something considered naughty and expect a spanking, it's an automatic fucking. And sometimes even "I love you Daddy" is cue enough for him to move into sex. Even though he was much more excited about this at first, I think I'm the one who's really committing to it, and it sucks how much more I am.

I thought this could be a secret pocket of role play fun in our daily lives, but I think he only sees it as a sex game. Even when I asked him, why can't you see me as Priness Alyssa instead of Princess and Alyssa, he told me it was because Alyssa is who I am, as if the little girl me is just a side toy. I don't know what to do, because I do like the little girl lifestyle for myself, regardless of whether or not I have a Daddy to accompany it, but should I tell him if he can't at least try then I won't let him be my daddy dom, or should I let him do things the way he wants?

P.S. And don't get him wrong, he's actually a really considerate guy and doesn't use me for sex when we're just being normal together, he's just dense and doesn't get the full concept of what a healthy BDSM relationship is.