I had an amazing water birth experience!

Jodi-Anne
My baby girl Sage Joy Bruno made her debut on Sunday, Aug 21st at 39weeks! Contractions started around 7am that morning. Nothing too serious. I slept until about 11, had breakfast and headed to the grocery store because I figured I was going to have her and wanted coconut water lol. Around 5pm the back pain that accompanied each contraction really started to hurt. I got in the tub and tried to deal with the pain as much as possible. When I couldn't take it anymore I called my midwife and she told me to meet her at the birth center at 8pm. Once there she checked me and I was only 4cm dilated! 😩 I was totally disappointed because I was already 2cm dilated for 3 weeks! Anyways, I get in the tub there and the contractions are serious! After about 2 hrs in the tub my midwife suggest that I walk around the hallway and do a few squats. With each contraction she wanted me to squat. With the first squat I suddenly felt like my baby's head was right there. Another contractions comes and I squat again. This time I felt like I had to poop. Liquid runs down my leg and I sit on the floor. I tell my midwife that I have to use the bathroom and I push. Next thing I knew she said "no love, that's your baby!" The liquid I felt running down my leg was my water breaking!  😳 I'm in the hallway so in 3 secs I get back into my room and in the tub. I push twice and before I knew it I became a mommy!!!!! My midwife told me to catch my baby and I fell in love instantly! At 10:32pm my baby was born! Two and a half hours after I got to the birth center. I went from 4cm to 10 in that short time! I credit it all to remaining active during my pregnancy! I'm so happy I was able to endure the pain and stick my birth plan. 💗💗💗