Just got a contract for this school year

Hey ladies just a vent. Need some support right now🙁. I just got hired as a new autistic support teacher. Which is awesome and scary at the same time. I have been busy the past week setting my room up and preparing for my kids. Anyway I was a long term sub last year for the IU I will be working in and my hours did not count toward leave time. Even though now that I am contracted I still have to ask permission for a "discretionary" leave as per my HR dept. So I wrote a letter to our executive director asking for that. Also to top it off I may have to pay my employer and employee share for my health insurance for myself and my family. My husband just started his own business so I am the insurance provider for him and my step children who also live with us full time. Has anyone gone through anything similar or know what I can do differently to get what my family needs? This will be very detrimental to my family and I. Let me know if you have any advice or suggestions. Thank you and I appreciate you taking the time to read.