Was it wrong for my daughter to ask for something to her dad

My ex agreed to pay child support (we call it our daughters allowance) and she still hasn't received anything. So this Saturday when she went with him I told her ask your dad to help you with your numbers 1-100, she's 5, and she said yes I will tell him and she  also asked if she could ask him for shoes, a notebook and pencils. I said yes go ahead ask him, just don't forget to bring it back to our house so you can take it to school. Ok. So she left happy with him and she left she comes back and I ask her about her day. I didn't ask if she got the things she was going to ask for becuase she got off the car empty handed😢 she later told me that he told her later she'll get it. She's been asking him for 3weeks already. She has her school supplies and clothes, she started school Thursday. I kinda figured he was not going to do it but how am i suppose to tell her  no don't ask him that because he's not going to
Buy it.  Anyways now I want to tell him what's going on without being confrontational, there's always drama so I avoid telling him anything unless he's asking. I keep the conversation short. So would it be wrong to tell him what's up or just forget it cause he supposedly is already sending her her allowance, which has yet to be seen. 
**No rude comments please**
Just want a simple way to talk to him about this without added drama
*. Child support was made thru court. 
We only speak thru talkingparents this court appointed app.  I just let her know to ask him to help her study. 
She doesn't even know we're going to court. 
😐Before you start saying I'm using my child as a pawn, in what way? Just cause she wants to ask her dad for something?