Different types of pregnancy tests

Since trying to get pregnant I've realized how insanely expensive pregnancy tests are and so I started trying different ones. The first response early testing is the one always recommended so that is what I had been buying. This last cycle I was over spending so much money only to get a negative result and then get my period 2 days later. I went to the dollar store and bought 2 types of dollar pregnancy tests and then I went to cvs and got a 2pack of their generic test. I still had a 2pack of the first response digital at home and 1 generic cvs test. At 13dpo I used one of the cvs tests and got a BFN. at 14dpo I used the digital first response early testing one and another BFN. I waited one day, still no period which was unusual and at 16dpo used another cvs test. BFN. that's when I got over using these expensive tests and decided to switch to the dollar store ones. At 18dpo I tried the dollar test, they were a little different than the other two. You have to pee in a cup and then dip it in for 10 seconds. At first there was just a blur of pink color, not one or two straight lines. I let it sit for a few minutes thinking it was a crap test and wasn't going to work but when I looked at it a few minutes later it showed a BFP!!! I was sure there was no way it was correct when I had just tried the other tests that were suppose to pick up hcg early so I tried the other style of dollar test I had bought. This test came with a little dropper and you have to put 4 drops in this circle. I waited a minute and another BFP. I tried the cvs test, dipped it in the little cup of pee and it got a very faint, but still there, second line. What was interesting to me is that the cvs test was so much lighter. The next morning I tried all 4 types of tests, all BFP!  In the future I don't know if I would invest in an early response test and just stick with the dollar store ones instead. I definitely won't use any more of the cvs brand!