In Need of Advice

Hi ladies! I'm confused and hurt but it could be pregnancy hormones. 
I'm 22 weeks today. My SO is currently doing a 4 month special assignment in NY, we live in Florida. He'll be back in Dec 1, and I'm due 1/1. So hoping everything goes well until then. 
He called me today asking me not to freak out and that I needed to listen to him. He said he got a physical last week (which he forgot to mention as I didn't know he had gotten one), and he told me he tested positive for Urea Plasma. He told me I should get tested for it because it can cause a miscarriage. He said doctor told him that it could've been dormant in his body or that I might've had it. 
Question is, when they do the first papsmear during your pregnancy, is this something they test for or something I need to ask for? I've never had any abnormal papsmears or any symptoms. 
Now I'm terrified that something might happen to me or my baby. But really more that my SO and I have lack of communication. Like why wouldnt he tell me he had a physical and would that even be something they test for? Or did he have symptoms. Ugh I'm so upset.