Maximus Alexander- about a month late putting this up.

Debbie • My boyfriend and I haven`t been together long, but it was meant to be. I turned 37 in February and he turned 39 in April. Neither of us have children and desperately want them.

I had a scheduled c-section planned due to medical issues on my part that could be dangerous to me. A surgery was scheduled for my issues 2 weeks after the baby for me.

We arrive at the hospital to check in 6am on July 28th. I was 39 plus 1. I had GD so they wouldn't let me go full term. Everything was going well and they took me into the OR. My husband was told to wait outside until they had me ready.

I had been completely calm up until this point. The bright, cold OR started making me nervous. I handled the needle for the spinal just fine and thought, "OK, should be easy from this point." While waiting for my husband to come in they kept testing me to see what I could feel. Being told that I should "feel" but not actually "feel". Ok... the spinal was taking longer than expected to take effect. Meanwhile, my OB and everyone are talking about Disneyland. She asks me again if I feel her pinch me, as I pain. I said yes. Apparently Disneyland was more important because she didn't hear me. They tell the nurse to being in my husband.

All of the sudden I feel a sharp pain in my lower abdomen- them cutting me with the scalpel!! I scream out in pain. And they're like you felt that? What did you feel? Where? Pressure or what? They were pissing me off. I'm like.. I felt you just slice me with the knife right where you are pressing now and yes it hurts!

They stop my husband from coming in and give me a few more minutes to see if the spinal takes. They pinch me again and I still feel it. I'm already crying from feeling the knife when they say they are going to have to put me under. I start bawling at this point. They allow my husband to come in for a moment to see me before they do. He leaves and I'm bawling harder.

Next thing I know I opened my eyes to my husband standing in front of me, smiling, holding our son.

I felt robbed of my birth experience but my son was born healthy and happy. 6lbs 6oz 19 1/2 in. He is now a month old and we are so in love!!