Breastfeeding becoming uncomfortable

Stephanie

I want to BF my baby... she's 2 months old and at first, BFing was fine but then she progressively got worse at it. Aren't babies supposed to get better over time? Why worse? We had latching issues at first which were solved with a nipple shield, but then she stopped latching correctly with the nipple shield so I ditched that and now we don't need it anymore. But then around that time she started taking over an hour to eat. She's progressively gotten faster and still latches on whenever she decides to, but now she's been like exploring my nipple and it makes me extremely uncomfortable. To explain, first of all, on at least one of my boobs she bites down on the nipple with her gums to hold onto it and it doesn't hurt that much anymore but with the combination of that and her fussing at least once a day and grabbing my nipples with her tiny little hands and squeezing and twisting them as hard as she can, my nipples are really sensitive. With that, now she does this thing where she like licks my nipples and like swirls around them with her tongue when they're sensitive and I HATE IT. So she licks my nipples and like rubs her mouth on them nonstop and like spits on them and rubs her face on them and all of this other weird sh*t and I never understood how breastfeeding could be uncomfortable until this. It makes me feel disgusted and even angry. Like I don't want her to touch me kind of uncomfortable. Like when this happens even my man touching me is annoying. I just can't do it. How do I get this to stop? I'm afraid if this continues I'm just going to have to start formula feeding (especially because of the fact that since she doesn't even eat properly it's slowly killing my milk supply). And I've spent so much time stressing out over my supply and my boobs and everything I'm starting to get over it. But I really wanted to make it to 6 months at least...

If anyone has anything to say about all of this please chime in lol