Want to hop in?

Join our Community
Download Glow

Refused IVF

I was refused IVF because I have a bmi over 30; I'm losing weight and because me and my partner have different addresses. (I live in the UK) I am totally heartbroken. I knew I had to lose weight but the doctor said I would have time to lose weight and I waited six months to see that doctor. Now I'm gonna have to lose weight and potentially wait another six months for another appointment. That's taking my up to a year and I have just turned 30. We have been trying for almost three years and then my partner says he don't even want to do IVF. We can do it naturally. Like what????!!!!! I'm done. If it is ment to be it will be. Not bothered. I'll just travel the world and help people.

This is so rubbish.

Sh
Posted at Sep 19, 2016 • 3 responses

Glow Pages: Recommendations for Women, by Women

Find fertility products, clinics, doctors

Pt
Posted at Nov 10, 2016
What about IUI? Is that an option? 
Gr
Posted at Oct 23, 2016
I have just been refused as well so I totally understand the heartbreak! I'm 22 they have refused because I need to be 23 which no one said this We have been trying for 2years and nothing it's male factor infertility when We went for my appointment the doctor said he has checked and we are eligible for IVF sent us for tests and that we would receive a letter in a few weeks which we didn't I rang for them to tell me I need to be 23 I can't believe no one said something to us before they made us think we was going to start anytime soon got excited but now feel like all those tests scan etc was just a waste of Time. 😢😩 
I'm writing a complaint to the hospital. 
They Always get things wrong not realising the effects of their patients! 
He
Posted at Sep 25, 2016
Find a different doctor. He's an asshole. 

Want to comment?