September baby! born at 41 weeks.

witchy 🌙
Roslyn Jade, born Sept 22 at 12:46am, weighing 7lbs12oz. My labor did not go as we hoped AT ALL. We planned an at home water birth and everything was going smoothly. I had a complication free pregnancy and labor started out perfectly. I made it to 100% effaced and 6cm dilated and decided to get in the pool. The babies heart rate decelerated very quickly and within seconds I was in an ambulance on my way to the hospital with my head down and butt in the air, since it was the only position where her heart was beating steadily. I was in labor for about 48 hours and it was brutal. I finally caved at 9 1/2cm and chose the epidural, mainly because I was so exhausted that I couldn't even stay awake between painful contractions. After I got the epi, my baby decided to scoot out of my pelvis and change positions. I chose to get pitocin instead of a c section to try to get things started. It took about 5 hours but she finally was in the position for birth and I was having consistent birth contractions. My aunt, grandma, husband and midwife all stayed by my side throughout this long, scary process. 
I pushed for 45 min and didn't tear which I'm completely shocked at because it definitely felt like I did! I've never been more exhausted and more in love.